Wing skating spectacular for everyone
Wing skating is a nice new form of wingfoilen, but on a longboard (a kind of skateboard). The wing you use ensures that with the least wind already gets a lot of momentum. With a little sense of balance, you can master wing skating. Under the guidance of professional instructors, you will receive tips and tricks to master wingscating quickly and safely. Before you know it, you’re making the most beautiful moves!
Cost and duration of wingskate clinic per participant
The cost per participant for a clinic of 1.5 hours is € 45,-. The wingskate clinics will continue, with a minimum of 2 participants. This includes;
- The use of the wingskate and protection material is of course included.
- Each participant’s own wingskate set
- Helmet and knee pads
Wingskate clinic data
Wing skate clinics are given at more than 7 knots of wind (about 3 bft).
- Saturday and Sunday
- Wednesday and Friday afternoon
- From December to the end of March we do not give clinics
Start times clinics
- Morning clinic: Start 10.30 am (only on weekends and holidays)
- Afternoon clinic: Start 14:00 (weekend and Wednesday and Friday)
Location of wing skate clinics
The location where the clinics are held depends on the wind and wind direction, but are always located in or near Lelystad. The final location will be communicated by e-mail no later than the evening.
Design of the wingskate clinics
- Explanation of how wing works
- Theoretical instruction on how to hold the wing
- Instruction on which directions you can wing skate in relation to the wind
- Practice skate boarding and ‘stepping’ to gain momentum
- Most of the clinic you go wing skating, where you learn;
- How to get ahead as quickly as possible
- How to turn corners
- You can also experiment with trics yourself
Paying on location is easy with PIN. In our webshop you can pay safely in the most common ways.
Up to 4 people per group
In our groups, up to 4 people participate in the clinics at the same time. This allows us to give everyone enough attention to learn wing skating in a good way.
What if there’s too little or too much wind?
If the wind forecast is between 7 and 16 knots, the lessons will normally continue. If the wind forecast is less or more, we cancel the clinic. We will let you know by e-mail the evening before the clinic (around 18:00) whether the clinic will take place. If the lesson does not take place, we will schedule a new clinic.
Make sure you wear solid/sturdy and easy-to-sit clothing and shoes with good grip (preferably sneakers). In cold weather you can also wear thin (fleece) gloves to keep your hands warm.
When booking a wing skate clinic you automatically agree to the terms and conditions of Windfoilen Nederland.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have to be able to windsurf or kite to be able to wingskat?
To learn wingskats it is NOT necessary that you can windsurf or wingfoil. Also, experience on a skateboard is not necessary. The following experience or skills help you learn wing skate quickly:
- Good sense of balance or experience with skate boarding
- Sailing or surfing experience help with quick feel of the wing
Is a wingskate clinic heavy and intensive?
Experience shows that the students experience wing skating as fairly intensive. A good condition is therefore important to be able to get the most out of your wing skate clinic.
What are the chances that you will fall hard?
We know from experience that the chance of falling hard is small. If you follow the instructions and do not immediately go too fast, you will not fall quickly.
Wingskate clinicdfoil nice to give as a gift
Tip! Give a wingskate clinic as a gift to someone. You can purchase a wingskate gift voucher from us. The lucky one can then book the wingskateclinic with us. Look here for more information about the gift voucher.